In recent years, Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) technologies have become a game changer in strategic sectors such as Automotive, Energy and Industry Automation, where Europe is a world leader. In fact, CPS is a key driver for the innovation capacity of European industries, large and small, generating economic growth and supporting meaningful jobs for citizens. CPS4EU aims to arm Europe with extensive value chain across key sectors by:
- Strengthening CPS Technology providers, mainly European SMEs, to increase their market share and their competitiveness to become world leaders
- Improve design efficiency and productivity and enable secure certification
- Enabling the creation of innovative European CPS products that will strengthen the leadership and competitiveness of Europe by both large groups and SMEs
- Large Dissemination of CPS technologies.
The vision of CPS4EU is to foster innovation that will maintain and strengthen European leadership in key sectors of the economy by creating synergies between SMEs, large companies and large research organizations operating in the CPS sector. Demonstration and validation activities are essential to ensure the quality and relevance of innovations. CPS4EU achievements will be benchmarked and demonstrated through 15 demonstrators cover Automotive, Industry Automation and other key industrial sectors (eg. Energy).
The ultimate objective of CPS4EU is to strengthen the CPS value chain by creating world class European SMEs and by providing CPS technologies that in turn will sustain the leadership of the large European groups in key economy sectors and, in this way will stimulate innovative products to support the massive digitization increasingly integrated into our everyday environment.
To achieve these goals CPS4EU will:
- Develop 4 key enabling technologies (computing, connectivity, sensing, cooperative systems)
- Incorporate these CPS modules through pre-integrated architectures and design tools
- Instantiate these architectures in dedicated use cases from strategic application: automotive, smart grid and industry automation
- Improve CPS awareness and usage for all industrial sectors
CPS4EU gathers major large companies (VALEO, THALES, TRUMPF, RTE, LEONARDO, and SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC), a large set of innovative SMEs and world-class research centres (CEA, INRIA, CNRS, VICOM, BME, UNISA, TUC, UNA, ITU) to significantly reduce the development time and certification efforts through pan European collaboration, knowledge exchange and access to the strong value chain in strategic markets,
CPS4EU builds on a strong foundation in European and national initiatives. It will enable the European industry to lead strategic markets thanks to high level sharing of CPS technologies across sectors all along the value chain.
Coordinator of the consortium is VALEO which is represented by:
Telephone: +33 (0)1 49 42 38 35